In holy month of Ramadan, a Zakat worthy APPNA Social welfare project by SWDRC needs your help and support.
APPNA social welfare disaster relief committee (SWDRC) has started this project to help poor and needy in Pakistan. Please donate today for this Zakat worthy project and change someone’s life.
Cost/child: $250 (including all expenses).
Our first patient from Faisalabad before and after surgery.
How to donate:
1. Please go to www.appna.org or just follow the link below https://www.instantreg.com/appnatemplate2/public-donations (please choose cleft lip project for donation)
2. Send checks addressed to APPNA SWDR and in memo mention cleft lip/palate project and mail checks to APPNA, 6414 South Cass Avenue, Westmont, IL 60559-3209
Project is going on at:
1. Peshawar (Dr. Prof. Obaidullah at Northwest Hospital)
2. Faisalabad (Dr. Prof. Zahid Nagra at Abdullah Med Complex hospital)
3. Karachi (Dr. Sadaf Saeed at Indus hospital)
4. Quetta (Dr. Prof Manzoor Hussain at Quetta Hospital)
Incidence of cleft lip/palate in Pakistan is 1 in 500 live births and most of them die in childhood if untreated. Unfortunately because of widespread poverty and lack of resources, access to surgery and rehabilitation especially for poor is nonexistent. Early detection and timely surgery is the key. One surgery can change life of a child but only if parents can afford.
We plan to provide this service free of charge to poor who cannot afford. Our program do include a package/child including screening patients, initial assessment, cost of corrective surgery which will include all hospital expenses, operation room expenses and compensation to surgeon and anesthesiologist (if needed), hospital stay, medications, management of complications and follow up visits/services including speech pathology etc.
We will have oversight on each program and will regularly update our donors. We need your help and support to make our projects a success for many more years to come. Please help and donate.
On behalf of Social Welfare Disaster Relief Committee (SWDRC) 2017:
Chair: Shahid Sheikh, MD
Co-Chair: Majeed Arain, MD
Advisors: Aisha Zafar, MD and Naeem Khan, MD
Members: Mansoor Alam, MD, Shahid Yousuf, MD, Mohammad Aslam, MD, Irfan Rizvi, MD, Rubina Inayat, MD, Amjad Ghani Sheikh, MD, Ghulam Mujtaba, MD and Rashid Hanif, MD
Sajid Chaudhary, MD
President, APPNA 2017